MASTERS OF ARTS IN RELIGION
An M.A.in Religion programme is designed to instill a critical and analytical approach and outlook in the student’s perception
for application of the same knowledge for development at local, national and International levels. The Programme strives to serve the Kenyan Society by meeting the academic andpractical development needs and interests of a wide spectrum of people.
- To enable the students acquire an in-depth understanding of Religion in order to provide manpower needs in academic and non-academic fields for the development of the society.
- To expose the students to various Religious traditions with a view to promoting independent thought and tolerance in their approach to life.
- To assist M.A. graduates to apply their Religion expertise in finding solutions to problems in their society.
- To help the student develop a multidisciplinary perspective and a holistic interdisciplinary approach toissues and ideas.
- To equip the student with topical research skills and thus create an analytical mind that can produce knowledge in Religion and related disciplines.
- To enhance the student’s ability to disseminate knowledge through teaching and publishing.
The following shall be eligible for registration:
- A holder of a First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) honours degree of Moi University. A holder of SecondClass (Lower Division with TWO years field experience in the relevant area.
- A candidate who has obtained a first degree from an accredited University and recognised by Moi University Senate as equivalent to a first class or second class (upperdivision) honours degree of Moi University.
The programme shall normally be undertaken for a period of two academic years of two semesters each.
|General Research Methods (Required)
|Research Seminar (Required)
|Comparative Religion (Core)
|Theories of Religion (Core)
|Modern Trends in Christian Theology (Core)
|History of Christian Doctrine (Elective)
|African Anthropology and World View (Core)
|African Specialists (Elective)
|African Pneumatology (Elective)
|Studies in The Quran (Core)
|Islamic History (Elective)
|Islamic Theology (Elective)